After reading A LOT about the Braun Face Mini Epilator, I finally decided to order myself one. I found a great deal on Amazon where it costed me Rs. 4000 (instead of Rs. 4900). Now, I do not know about the rest of you but my parlour visits are almost weekly to get rid of the unwanted facial hair. And I have tried threading on my own, hiding it with makeup.. I have even tried Veet on my face (*shamefully looks down*) when I have not been able to manage that last minute visit. But most of the times I have ended up hurting myself with no result. Also, if I am travelling one of the major worries is finding a parlour for that threading visit. So when I read about the Mini Epilator – I knew I had to have it. There are many reviews online about it and this one is my two cents to it.
- It is an epilator, not a shaver. When I first told my sister about it – her reaction was “ARE YOU SURE IT IS NOT A SHAVER?” Yes I am sure it is not. It has the same mechanism as that of threading (plucking). It also comes with a cleansing brush unit.
- The epilation by the virtue of the process is not painless. But hey – you are doing it on your own so you can do it at your own pace. I found it less painful when compared to threading. The thread can get pretty painful.
- Compact and handy. You can easily carry this in your travel pouch. And then you do not have to worry about looking for a parlour nearby.
- You cannot shape your eyebrows with it. No – do not even try removing the extras from under the eyebrows.
- If you are a first timer and your skin is super sensitive you would get rashes.
- Battery operated. You must remember to carry some extra battery cells with you when you are travelling.
- The cleansing brush is OK. I first wash my face with my hands scrubbing the makeup off and then use the cleansing brush. That is too much of work for me.
Value for Money: It costs Rs. 4900, but you can find it online for lesser. I found a deal on Amazon where I had to pay Rs.3999 only. I think it is a little pricey. It is a good product if you have to visit the parlour every week for regular threading. But if you don’t need to visit the parlour that frequently, I think you can let it pass.
Do you own this face mini epilator? If you do – what has been your experience? If you don’t – would you buy one for yourself? Also – here is wishing you guys a very Happy Valentines Day! Hope you have a great time.